Once a guy, always a proper guy

Monday, October 11, 2004

Good!

So, two more bloggers: Laura and Jasmine (latter: possibly). Remember, update your blogs daily!!!



From the panhandling capital of the world, San Francisco:

A bum walks up to an obviously successful dot-com businessman and says: "Excuse me sir, I'm hungry and cold, do you have any spare change?"

The businessman looks him up and down, and pulls a 5 dollar bill out of his wallet. "Now, if I give you this money, how can I be sure you won't spend it on cheap liquor?"

The bum says, "No sir, I don't drink, I'm just a little down on my luck."

The businessman says, "Well, how can I be sure you won't gamble the money away on the Lotto, or waste it on a round of Golf?"

The bum replies: "I don't gamble, and I don't play Golf. Now can I please have the 5 dollars?"
The businessman says, "I'll do even better than that. Come home with me now, and I'll have my wife prepare you a scrumptious dinner, and you can sleep in the guest room tonight."

"Won't your wife object to having someone like me around?" the bum says.

"She might," the businessman says, "but I want her to see what happens to a man who doesn't drink, gamble, or play Golf."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home