Once a guy, always a proper guy

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Long cip...

Sigh. Today cip: selling charity tix. Something like flag day: you've to go around begging pple to buy, except that it's MUCH MUCH harder. Two bucks's harder to be given than a few cents... In the end, had to absorb 4 more tix (bought them for me) so that I can claim that I've sold 1 complete book. We'd FIVE to sell... Whatever. Then, at tampines (we went there first before going bugis), some lady actually begged us for money, by kneeling down and all that, so that she can buy "food and medicine". As if I'm so kind and so soft-hearted as to lend a complete stranger TEN BUCKS (that's the amount she asked for). Anyway, she got chased away later by someone, who told us that she's been collecting money to buy 4-D. Damn that lady lah.

I can at last appreciate the diff between girls and boys, esp in terms of persuading pple to do things (donate money for charity). How guys ask: "Good afternoon. Want to buy a ticket for charity?" What girls do: they babble on and on very quickly: "sir, want to buy a tix for the society of the physically disabled? It's an organization for......." and so on, until the customers smile, take out their wallet, and u noe... And the charming power of girls.... sigh. Ha ha. Btw, the girls sold many (a few books), I sold six tix, while jun rong sold even fewer... Ha ha. I even saw on a list that someone actually sold 8 bucks worth of tix (four tix). Don't think that I've seen wrongly. Not bad. Must be a guy.

Din have my lunch today.. sigh. Only ate some free chocolates and titbits when the whole thing has ended.

When cip has ended, we hanged around expo, visited some of the booths there (exhibition on the disabled), and collected a nice goodies bag! Though the T-shirt's too small... nvm.

Tried a nice route to get there and back: direct bus to changi, then change to mrt and take it to expo. Not bad, esp on the return trip: have a nice, dreamless nap...

Looking forward to my first combined pract with the other jcs...

Btw, I still need to sell TWO more books of charity tix.. who wants to buy them? Can approach me in sch on mon and tue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home