Once a guy, always a proper guy

Friday, March 17, 2006

Some funny stuff...

Topless bother...

St Etienne defender Fousseni Diawarra was involved in a cringe worthy incident at the weekend that brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Having a nightmare'. However, instead of acting out the most dreadful dreams of turning up to school or work stark naked, the Mali international attempted to enter the field of play as a substitute without his shirt. Team-mate Loic Perrin had sustained an injury and in the five minutes it took to find a jersey for the forgetful stopper Marseille scored both goals in a 2-0 win. An embarrassed Diawarra offered an apology that had the whole of France howling with derision. "I know everybody is laughing at me," he said. "I have penalised the whole team and apologised to them. I am so sorry, after the match I couldn't sleep. I don't know why it happened, I was sure I was wearing my shirt. Marseille's stadium is very big, that's why it took so long to find the shirt."



Some time ago...

Jose Mourinho is never one to bore his audience with the usual tired clichés and stock footballing phrases, and The Special One has now lent his poetic hand to the shocking state of Chelsea's pitch ahead of the visit of Barcelona.

After denying the English champions were deliberately recreating a World War I battleground to put the Catalans off their stride, Mourinho, in a mode reminiscent of Ian Holloway, has insisted that whilst the Stamford Bridge turf is not much to look at, its hidden depths mean it is a thing of beauty. "Sometimes you see beautiful people with no brains. Sometimes you have ugly people who are intelligent, like scientists," said Mourinho, risking the wrath of chemists and rocket scientists the world over. "Our pitch is a bit like that. From the top it's a disgrace, but the ball rolls at normal speed."



And finally, something that makes west brom vs man utd a great match to watch this weekend...

Short changed...

Tomasz Kuszczak has revealed the secret of his recent heroics between the West Bromwich Albion sticks. A breathtaking save denied Wigan's Jason Roberts a last minute equaliser and confirmed Albion's first away victory of the season and for the Pole, superstition in shorts, it seems, is everything. "Against Everton we won and I kept a clean sheet. I didn't realise until afterwards that I had my shorts on back to front for the entire game. After that I just kept wearing them back to front because it brings me luck. We've had more success since I've done that so I'll keep on doing it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home