Once a guy, always a proper guy

Friday, May 06, 2005

So what? We still rock!

I noe. If i'd written this entry yesterday, the title'd be very much diff. Nvm. Yesterday, I admit, I'd have cried if I thought any more of syf. I wouldn't be in the correct state of mind to do several things, like updating my blog. Still, we've to think of it in a positive way. We may not have got what we want, but that doesn't mean we've failed. These few months, we'd all worked hard together as one band. We came down to practise everyday, and had so much fun n laughter together. Why should we let our results spoil our mood, affect our morale, and hurt the band spirit? I do not think that there'll be our first band outing, when everyone, absolutely everyone, of the band goes out together, if we'd got a gold with honours. Yes, there'll def be section outings, but a band outing together? I also don't believe that so many of us will go attend maths lect together, with the j1s, one period late (ahem), making so much noise at the back of the audi, if the results've been any better. We must all move on. The band spirit shall never die. We're the hc band! If we're not proud of ourselves, who'll be proud of us? Heck the sch authorities who demanded a gold. Why should we care about them, if they're to make so much noise about us getting a silver? We played to our best. That's all that matters. Let's cheer up, and don't give a damn of the colour of that medal.

And I'm really really proud to be part of this band. For once, in six years, I get to enjoy what I play, under not much stress or pressure. We can play pieces that we like (fantillusion, phantom, riverdance), and everyone in the band works very hard always. The newbies last yr have definitely made remarkable progress, and I dare to say that they're even better than some of the sec 3s in chs. And for all these, I will say that we're still the top band. Let us treasure the remaining time we've playing in this band!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home